Sunday, January 22, 2012

How To Publish Your Novel

In 5 Steps

Be sure your novel is amazing
Write a synopsis
Decide on a few agents, or not
Write some query letters
Don't wait around forever

Of course, you may not want to do all that so here is an article on how to self-publish an e-book with a link to self-publishing a paper book.


Due to pressure at work to get a huge certification done very soon, I will not have a lot of time to research my blog posts as I usually do. Last time I ran out of time like this, I shut down the blog for a month to get things done. I don't want to do that this time because when I get this certification done, I get to restart my fiction writing again. Thinking about that, I realized that I have a number of writing books I haven’t read yet. For the next month or two I will read through some of these books and tell you each week what I’ve learned and what I think of what I’ve read so far.

The first book will be Joseph Campbell’s The Power of Myth. Based on a few televised interviews, Campbell talks about how modern people live out the themes of myths everyday. He believes that all stories are similar to the myths and legends of old and has devoted his life to comparing the myths of cultures all over the Earth.

While Joseph Campbell’s book may not exactly be aimed at writers and the second book on my reading list is. Christopher Vogler bases part of his idea in the book The Writers Journey: Mythic Structure for Writers that every story ever told successfully, from ancient myths to current movies, has been written with the same basic outline and characters. I’ve heard rave reviews of the books and think that reading these books over the next two months will improve my fictional characters and hopefully my storyline and plots.

I hope you join me as I review these books and learn new things as we go.

No comments:

Post a Comment