Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Assignment finished

I finished the story I decided on for my 2,000 word assignment. The final count was 1917 words and it’s about three pages long at 12 font. It was rather a challenge for me because I decided to write it in third person and I much more comfortable and used to writing first person. However, this story is sort of a first chapter of a book or series of short stories about the station and in that perspective the viewpoint works better as third person for all the characters. I enjoyed writing it although I was hoping to make more of a deal about her search and loneliness. I just couldn’t figure out how to make that happen in 2,000 words. If you’re interested in reading Sara’s Place check out my profile on Writing.com: http://writing.com/authors/cece22 . Sorry, still trying to figure out how to make links.

No comments:

Post a Comment